Bishop Joseph M. Gilmore : First Native Bishop of Helena
Description:
As the bishop of the diocese, Bishop Gilmore offered guidance to lay organizations. Bishop Gilmore stands with officers of the Diocesan Council of Catholic Women (DCCW). The DCCW was organized at both the parish and deanery levels by 1940. They had activities throughout the communities, including study clubs, subscriptions to the "Register," CCD classes, Home and School Associations within Catholic schools and parishes, and also working with the Good Shepherd Home in Helena and Catholic Charities. During WWII, many individual councils established and operated USO centers for servicemen.
Object ID:
2003.010.038
Click to Enlarge
Bp Gilmore with DCCW OfficersBp Gilmore with DCCW Officers
Bp Gilmore with DCCW OfficersBp Gilmore with DCCW Officers