Bishop Joseph M. Gilmore : First Native Bishop of Helena
Description:
Bishop Gilmore stands at 600 Harrison in front of his 1937 Pontiac on 23 August 1937. A car was neccessary for his ministry given that the Diocese of Helena, and thus the region of his administration, stretched nearly 52,000 square miles.
Object ID:
2003.010.020
Click to Enlarge
Bishop Gilmore with his carBishop Gilmore with his car