Bishop Joseph M. Gilmore : First Native Bishop of Helena
Description:
On 25 August 1958, Bishop Gilmore elevated Reverends Edward P. Gilmore (no relation), Raymond G. Hunthausen, and Mathias A. Weber to Right Reverend Monsignori at the Cathedral of St. Helena. Bishop Hunthausen (consecrated in 1962 by Archbishop Egidio Vagnozzi) would succeed Bishop Gilmore as the Bishop of the Diocese of Helena in 1962. Msgr. Edward Gilmore was pastor of the Cathedral and Msgr. Weber served as Superintendent of Music and Director of the Cathedral choir.
Object ID:
2003.010.035
Click to Enlarge
Bp Gilmore with Hunhausen, Weber, and GilmoreBp Gilmore with Hunhausen, Weber, and Gilmore