Bishop Joseph M. Gilmore : First Native Bishop of Helena
Description:
In 1920, Bishop Gilmore was given his first parish assignment to St. Teresa's Church in Whitehall, Montana. He served there for six years before being sent to St. Helena's in Meaderville (Butte), Montana. Here, he is seen with a First Communion class from St. Theresa's on 30 May 1924. [Photo by Theresa Mullen.]
Object ID:
2003.010.019
Click to Enlarge
Gilmore at St. Teresa's in WhitehallGilmore at St. Teresa's in Whitehall