Bishop Joseph M. Gilmore : First Native Bishop of Helena
Description:
Bishop Gilmore dedicated Girls' Central High School in Butte, Montana on 9 September 1951. The old building for Girls' Central High School needed to be repaired and expanded to meet the needs of the growing number of girls who wished to attend the school. The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth (standing in the center foreground) taught at Girls' Central as well as, St. Patrick's, Sacred Heart, St. Lawrence, St. Mary's, and Holy Savior schools in Butte, Montana.
Object ID:
2003.010.027
Click to Enlarge
Girls' Central dedicationGirls' Central dedication