Bishop Joseph M. Gilmore : First Native Bishop of Helena
Description:
Dedication of Our Lady of the Pines in West Yellowstone, Montana on 20 August 1950. Bishop Gilmore is standing in the rear center of the picture. The Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration from Le Crosse, Wisconsin in the front right, taught at Holy Rosary school in Bozeman, Montana beginning in 1919. Before the completion of this church, many people who visited the West Yellowstone area could not attend Mass. With the completion of Our Lady of the Pines, thousands of local and visiting people could receive the sacraments and attend Mass.
Object ID:
2003.010.026
Click to Enlarge
Dedication of Our Lade of the PinesDedication of Our Lade of the Pines