Preserving Montana's Catholic Heritage : Helena Diocesan Structures and Historic Preservation
Object ID:
2013.003.017
Description:
Holy Rosary Church Rectory is one of the early works of Fred F. Willson, virtually the only active architect in Bozeman between 1910—1956. The Holy Rosary Church Rectory is derived from 19th century architectural forms.

Although individually eligible for the National Register on architectural significance, this Neo—Gothic Revival style rectory is also indicative of the growing early 20th century wealth of the Catholic Church in Bozeman. The building is a significant landmark on Main Street, especially when seen next to the Holy Rosary Church —a large Gothic Revival style church, which is non—contributing due to alteration.

In 1910 Rev. August D. Leitham succeeded Rev. Joseph B. Thompson as pastor of Holy Rosary, and within two years he built the rectory.
Click to Enlarge
Holy Rosary rectory, BozemanHoly Rosary rectory, Bozeman