The Cathedral of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, 1866—1925 : The "Old" Cathedral
Object ID:
2001.001.008
Scope & Content:
Church of the S. Hearts of J. & M., Helena, Montana
[Church of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary]
p. 8 ff, p. 14 ff. Cemetery Account 1874—Oct 1907

"Commenced Aug 24 1874. cornerstone laid Sept. 20 same year — completed and dedicated Apr. 9, 1876"
"Account of funds raised and expended for building—furnishing & the same — deposits—running expenses."
p.2 Receipts of Church of the S. Hearts —— Expenditures (Aug 20 1874 — June 30, 1883)
p. 8 Cemetery Account (1872 —1893)
p. 18 Altar Society Account (1874—1876) transformed into Church Aid Society June 1876.
p. 22 Bell fund (1874)
p. 23 Organ fund (1876)
p. 24 Bozeman Church Fund (1880), Catholic Benevolent.& Ab. Society (1881), Missouri Valley Church Fund (1881—1883)
p. 27, 32—50 Cemetery (1894—1907)
p. 28 St. Aloysius School for Boys (1881—1882), Church Account (1883)
p. 31 Indian Fund (1881) to Bishop O'Connor by St. Peter's & Crow Missions; Crow & Cheyenne Mission

Loose receipts in front —— Cemetery (1887), marriage dispensation, burial orders and receipts, Hermann Co. receipts, receipt signed with "X".
Click to Enlarge
Church of the Sacred Hearts - Account BookChurch of the Sacred Hearts - Account Book
Church of the Sacred Hearts Account BookChurch of the Sacred Hearts Account Book
Sacred Hearts Church Cemetery AccountsSacred Hearts Church Cemetery Accounts
Sacred Hearts Church Accounts BookSacred Hearts Church Accounts Book
Sacred Hearts Church Cemetery AccountsSacred Hearts Church Cemetery Accounts